Thursday 11 June 2009

Iced Tea



While the weather's not exactly scorching, I'm not inclined to drinks cups and cups of tea all day as is my usual pastime. I've a longing for something cold and refreshing, but not full of sugar and nasties. Elderflower has been doing the job recenlty, topped up with fizzing soda water, but it seems to keep disappearing into cocktails with cheap fizzy wine (delicious by the way).

Recently I've taken to making my own iced tea, dismiss all thoughts of Lipton from your head now, this is iced Rosehip Hibiscus herbal tea, as simple as brewing a large jug's worth of tea, add a couple of tablespoons of honey or sugar to taste and leaving to cool in the fridge.

What you end up with is jewel-bright ruby red juice, tangy and fruity, try it with a squeeze of lime. Packed full of vitamin C, this is not only delicious and refreshing, but packs the healthy punch of normal tea. I'm thinking a concentrated version would be sublime with some gin and soda water, or maybe frozen into an icepop...

You might also like...



No comments: