Friday 1 August 2008

Piece of Plenty

I went to visit Sally, whom I worked with whilst at Piece of Plenty, who are fabulous artisan food producers. They chiefly make granola, but I'm particularly taken with the seedy sprinkle that I literally sprinkle on everything. This is the kind of food you'd make yourself if you had the time (or inclination).

Anyway, naturally, there were suitably delicious things for dinner. We had homemade falafel, which just uses soaked dried chickpeas, and reminds me I must get the recipe and try them myself, with lovely pan fried and caramelised peppers , this is such an easy way to cook peppers, I will also do this myself again and give the recipe. Along with a mango salsa , some raita and other salads making the most of summer. Given the lovely weather recently, we also got to eat outside which was delightful seen as though I live in a first floor flat.


We had some fellow foodie friends eating with us and thanks to a sizeable Harvey Nicks discount, one of them decided to bring the water pictured, which actually sells for £12 a bottle!! The thinking was you have to try these things once, if only to see what the fuss is about. You'll notice that its called artesian spring water, I thought this was a pretentious way of saying artisan, but turns out its actually a type of well...
I must say that my palate was not sophisticated enough to taste any difference, that and I'd already had a glass of red wine, but the other diners seemed to like it....

You might also like...



No comments: