Monday 1 December 2008

pieceofplenty Christmas Fair


I spent Sunday afternoon at my friend Sally's house. She runs a small artisan food business in North London making fabulous homemade granola and muesli. I worked for her (that's how we met) earlier this year, back when she still did farmers' markets in Barnes and Alexandra Palace, we made beautiful salads (try the brown rice salad), preserves and lemon curd, standing me in good stead for my marmalade making!


Sally stopped doing the markets in September to concentrate on supplying delis in the area. So this Christmas 'open house' was a bit of treat, a sort of invitation only for loyal customers of the market to stock up on Christmas goodies. What a spread it was, date and ginger granola, raisin and almond granola, muesli, luxury christmas granola, piccalilli, chutney, grapefruit and cardamom marmalade... I even bought along some fudge to add to the mix. As you can see, the cupboard was heaving with treats, to top it off we had homemade mince pies and mulled wine whilst we decided. I of course, didn't come home empty handed, some seedy sprinkle - pumpkin, sunflower, poppy ans sesame seeds and nuts all toasted in paprika and chilli, completely addictive, I have it on every salad I make. I was taken by the spicy fruity chutney and of course the luxury christmas granola, vanilla toasted oats, dried cranberries, candied pecans and chocolate coated apricots, I can't wait for breakfast!

I'm in the process of helping make the website - coming soon! So hopefully, you'll all be able to order these seasonal treats straight from the website very soon...

You might also like...



No comments: