Saturday 29 March 2008

El Panzon

El Panzon is becoming a bit of a Friday night staple for me. The restaurant is actually located within the achingly cool Dogstar on Coldharbour Lane in Brixton. We usually get there early, stuff our faces and stay on for the dancing (usually much too late).

They serve authentic Mexican food, whilst I can't vouch for its authenticity, it is definitely delicious, everything is freshly made and the nachos are the best I've ever tasted! The portions are also pretty big, we usually eat amply for £6 a head.

I've been told by a lot of people that I need to apologise for the picture below, blame drunken picture taking in a dark bar... I assure you it goes no way towards showing how good the food is and in retrospect looks a bit like a kebab...



The fact that El Panzon is a separate entity to the pub means that you can't order at the bar and there is (theoretically) table service. This is often erratic at best, but I'm used to it now, its part of the experience! Anyway the food always arrives fast.

Definitely worth making a trip to Brixton for, if you live nearby, they also deliver!

You might also like...



No comments: