Friday 2 May 2008

Cafe Provencal

Cafe Provencal by Herne Hill station is one of those places that I cycle past everyday on my way to work, but it never really registered. Anyway, with something to celebrate and many of the other restaurants in the area exhausted, we decided to give this a go...

We were pleasantly surprised, the decor is all haphazard bohemian, and the atmosphere is really relaxed. The menu was good with regularly changing specials and it all looked homemade. I had the pasta special, white truffle ravioli with spinch and walnut pesto and it was delcious! served with a side salad too. Special mention must be given to the massive, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside chips - amazing.

Seen as though we skipped starters, we decided to have dessert and coffee, my favourite way to end a meal... we had good coffee and a prune and chocolate brownie. Sounds a bit strange but the sweet and gooey prunes worked really well. Plus, how lovely are the cups?

This is the kind of place to come for weekend lunches/brunches or a relaxed evening meal. I'm sure I'll be back....

You might also like...



No comments: