Friday 2 January 2009

January Recipes


I don't know about you, but I feel like I over indulged just a little at Christmas and am in need of food to make me feel a bit perkier again. Not a diet, not even a detox, just trying to cut back on the coffee, alcohol and cake that all too easily becomes a permanent fixture, and trying to do more of the good stuff, sleeping, drinking lots, eating more vegetables. With everyone around me falling ill, it seems a good time to nourish myself a little.

With the cold bleak days and not much to look forward to, I certainly don't want to punish myself, just eat tasty food that makes me fell a bit more virtuo, below are some of the recipes I plan on cooking this month, all brimming with healthy stuff and all completely delicious.


Salads

Perfect for lunchboxes, bulk things up with brown rice or pulses.
Winter coleslaw: an old favourite, finely slice or grate any vegetables you have.
Brown Rice Salad: a must try - completely addictive
Cous cous: try this version with Smoked Mackerel for a dose of essential fatty acids.
Roast Parsnip Salad: my new favourite, delicious hot or cold.

Soup
Warming and comforting - you can't go wrong really. I like mine with a bit of texture, at the moment I like to add a can of beans to bulk things up and stop me eating lots of bread too!
Bacon and Cabbage
Easy butternut Squash
Split Pea Soup - a favourite!
Cauliflower and Cannellini

You might also like...



No comments: